Tuesday, May 6, 2014

MY ADVENTURES WITH EMAIL

I like to be stay .signed in to my email account. As you know, I only type with one finger and staying signed in to my account is a lot easier for me. I have had the same email provider for a very long time and never had an issue. Periodically, I would have sign in again, but that was no problem, I would just re-enter my password and every was fine. Until the past month.

Last month I was prompted to verify who I was by retyping my password. I did. I was told what I had typed was incorrect. I tried several times, finally changed my password and thought everything would be fine.

It may not seem like much, but I enjoy composing and sending email on my Kindle. True, I type slower and have proofread really well because I make more mistakes, but I still like to sit at my kitchen table and send emails. That proved to be a problem because when I tried to enter the new password on my Kindle, my email provider wouldn't recognize it.

I tried every password I'd ever used and eventually got lock out of my own account. Twice. I guess they thought I was trying to hack into my own account. I found a toll free number, called  and was going to explain my situation, but all I got was a busy signal. I envisioned a future of being locked out of my own email account once a month forever. I was very frustrated. I called my internet service provider, but they were no help.

I have switched email providers and things are fine with my Kindle and email. Now, I have a problem with an update not installing. I'm thankful that I have family and friends to assist me with computer issues.

I probably should have titled this post My Adventures With computers . I love \my laptop. it lets me keep in touch with friends and family, play games and do research for stories. But when there is a problem I sometimes feel like throwing it our the window.

I learned patience this last week. I have tremendous respect for those who can diagnose computer problems and fix them/

So, am I the only one who has these problems? if not, share your story with me. I'll feel so much better.