Saturday, August 23, 2014

I AM WHO I AM

Sometimes, I think if you really knew me you wouldn't bother to read this blog. Sometimes, I feel like a fraud.  I portray myself as an independent person when, in realty, I am dependent on others for almost everything. 

I can no longer afford to keep Lucie. I have decided to give her away because it will be better for both of us. I will have the opportunity to meet the people who are taking her before I give her away.. The good news is that they will bring her to see me , I won't lose total contact with her. I am also about to lose my van. I will have to learn to get around using transportation services for the disabled. And, I am going to apply for Medicaid. I don't have a choice. With all these upcoming Changes in my life, my emotions are getting the best of me.

Why am I telling you all of this? You may think it's to get attention or sympathy. That could not be further from the truth. I am telling you this to.let you know that, if you are disabled,it's okay to be dependent on others for your daily needs. It doesn't matter how much or how little you can do for yourself, I have said this before, it's  how you think and feel about yourself that is important. There will always be people ready to point out your limitations. Focus on your strengths. As long as you have a brain and you can think, you have something to offer. Focus on the positive, not the negative.

A good cry is therapeutic.It's cleansing. It always makes me feel better. 

I may not be as strong as I'd like to be  I may not be as independent as I'd like to be. I am who I am/ I am a work in progress. I am doing the best that I can.