Thursday, April 7, 2016

ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE

I have done too much bashing of this facility That is why last night's post about this facility will be my last  negative one. While all of the issues I have written about actually happened to me, blogging about them served no positive purpose.

I thought by writing them I was bringing issues to light so those issues could be rectified. In reality, All I was doing was using this blog as a platform to vent my anger and frustration.  And, what good does that do,  really?

NONE. ALL it did was keep me angry and frustrated.  I don't want to be that way anymore. In the past few days I have noticed a subtle  change . There new aides here. Things are running more smoothly than they have in quite a while. 

Having a new aide scares me because I am afraid they won't listen when tell them what I need, I am use to certain aides because they know how to do things for me. I know I have to give new aides a chance. They might be just as scared as I am.

That doesn't mean I do not have hopes of leaving here one day. I don't want to be here. Whatever happens,  I will try to make the best of it. 

I spoke to a social worker today. We had a productive talk. I know that there are some good people here who care. I am also working with a therapist

I want to take this opportunity to apologize to the administrator and any other staff member who has read my previous posts concerning this facility. I know that it has been a difficult time. I know that you are doing the best you can.

So, moving forward, I will try to informative posts. Posts that accentuate the positive.



 .