Friday, April 29, 2016

BEING A CHER FAN

Photo Courtesy of  Mary Lou Grana 
I debated whether or not I should write another post on Cher. This is a disability awareness blog, not an entertainment blog. I want to be thought of as a serious blogger/journalist. 

I decided to write another post about my effort to get Cher to tweet me, because when it didn't happen, I experienced feelings of being inadequate, The feelings were the same as those I had back in high school..I wondered what was wrong with me. 

Being a Cher fan is like wanting to be part of a club, but no one will give you the password. No matter how hard I try I will always be the one on the outside. Always on the perimeter. Close enough to see in, but nobody will open the door. 

 Fans have tweeted: she’s replied. They’ve met her. They have traveled all around the county. Seen her more times than they can count.. I have seen her six times and treasure every memory. 

I took a risk in tweeting Cher. I failed. I will move on. I have been a fan for as long as I can remember. I still am. My feelings are a little different now. I am not as diehard a fan as I was.  I won't tweet Cher again. I won't set myself up for failure.. 

To those readers who groan every time they see that I have written another post about Cher, I apologize. I hope I didn't sound whiney or pitiful. That was not my intention. 

Cher tweeted about a children's book called The Adventures of Supercaptain Braveman. http://www.supercaptainbraveman.com/ It is about  a boy in a wheelchair named kyle who has an alter ego who is a super hero. He wants to be accepted and included just like everybody else..That's all anyone with a disability wants. .