Friday, July 1, 2016

BYE FOR NOW

This will br my last blog post. Writing this blog has ceased to be fun for me. Writing posts has become stressful. I spend too much time trying make sure my typing, grammar and spelling are perfect.This blog is flawed like me. Guess that's why my mistakes never bothered me that much. Perhaps if I had done a better job at proofing and editing, more writing opportunities would have been offered to me.

I started this blog on July 7, 2012. It's purpose was to give readers an idea of what life was like for me when I lived at home with caregivers. I wrote about the people and things that were important to me. That's why the first post was about Lucie. She meant the world to me.

When I moved to this facility, I tried to show what my life was like. Readers said I never wrote anything happy or positive. All I did was complain. I apologize. I wrote the things I did hoping to bring about a positive change. I know now that some readers didn't see it that way. Living here is very hard. With the under staffing issue and high turnover rate of aides, there is little continuity of care. I still have not gotten use to life here. I may never fully adjust.

This blog has gotten to be a burden. I didn't know what to write that readers would enjoy. It is time to stop, at least for now.

I want to try writing nonfiction, articles. I  would like to take an online class in writing nonfiction.. I don't know if that will work out or not. I would like to get better at entertainment writing. I took a webinar on memoir writing. I might do that too. I have spent years trying to prove myself, I have always tried to make a contribution to society. Now, I just want to do what makes me happy.

I tried to make readers think. I never meant to  intentionally misrepresent anything  Most importantly, I tried to bring about change by writing this blog.

That is what I hope you remember. I tried. Thank you for reading. Stay tuned.