Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 IS MY YEAR


In few hours 2017 will be a memory. I was going to write a completely different blog post. I was going to do a personal inventory of my year. I was going to tell you how I have changed and grown this year as a person as well as a writer. What I still need to work on so that I can move forward with my life in a healthy way.

I've had a roommate for almost two weeks. It has been a huge adjustment for me. The thought of taking an inventory of my year and blogging about it was more than I could handle. I am happy to say that I am coping relatively well. 

In a few months, I will be leaving this facility. I still cannot believe a day that I thought would never come is getting closer. My profile is in the system. I have chosen the area I want to live in. I am waiting to hear, who will support my care. I am told it is a long, slow process. Being granted approval by the state was the difficult part. I  am waiting to learn who I will be working with. I am excited and scared at the same time. 

That is what a new year is about. .Tomorrow all of us begin a new chapter in our lives. A chance to do better. A chance for a fresh start. I  am so grateful that God is giving me my life back. The thought of living in a house, having my own room and feeling normal again brings tears to my eyes.

My goals for 2018 are to begin writing my monthly column for the West End Word again.

I am going write more positive blog posts. I enjoy learning about people. I hope to do more interview posts in the coming year too.

I will continue writing fairy tales featuring Prudencia. Writing Prudencia is a great stress reliever for me.

I will make sure I have a smooth transition into my new home. I will be the best housemate I can be. I will learn the skills I need to be more independent.This is my last chance. I won't blow it.

In  2018 I want to have a better relationship with my family. I want them to be proud of me. I will do all I can to prove to them that I have changed.   I love them all very much.

As I write this 2017 has just two hours left.  This has been a difficult year for me. Maybe it's been difficult for you too. Tomorrow we start a new chapter. The pages are blank. It is a new beginning.

Make 2018 your best year yet. .Happy New Year.






No comments:

Post a Comment