Monday, August 19, 2019

SHE'S NOT JUST A CHER FAN

Gabrielle D. is a diehard Cher fan.  She has seen
Cher in concert 30 times. She has even met the legendary icon Read on to find out all the details.

Gabrielle is a graphic designer and an avid photographer, She has traveled the globe chronicling her journeys through her amazing photos.


I wanted all of my readers to know about this creatively talented young woman, so I messaged her some questions These are her responses Thank you, Gabrielle, for this informative and fun interview.


1. What prompted you to choose a career in graphic design? 
I’ve always had an interest in art and computers. Even when I was really young, I would stand at the computer, barely able to see over the keyboard and I would create little designs and pictures and print them out. I love anything artistic and I also love technology. 

2. Tell us what a graphic designer does.
A graphic designer works with images and typography to create visual concepts and layouts for advertisements or other purposes…anything from print ads to brochures, to billboards, signage, vehicle wraps, websites, web banners, etc.

3. What’s been the most memorable project you’ve worked on so far?
I’ve done a lot of work for a ferry company in NYC, which has also allowed me to use my own photography in my layouts, which is another big interest of mine. Some of the most fun projects I’ve done for them are bus wraps and taxi tops. Getting to see them out on the streets is always cool. 

4. What do you enjoy most about being a graphic designer? 
I like the creative freedom of being able to create your own look for a campaign from scratch and see it through to various media. 

5. What was the experience of using a drone like? The video was amazing. 
Thank you! I got a drone because it merged my love of technology and photography. It’s so much fun being able to take photos from a different vantage point, getting that birds-eye view. To me, it’s more unique than getting that same photo or footage from the ground. It took some time getting used to at first, but after a few flights, you get the hang of it.

6. You have traveled all over the world. What’s been your favorite destination so far? Why? 
They’ve all been so amazing and unique, it’s hard to pick one, but I really loved Brazil. Rio de Janeiro is beautiful! Taking the tram up Sugarloaf Mountain is unreal. The views of Copacabana, Ipanema and beyond are incredible! Another really interesting city is La Paz, Bolivia. It’s so unique compared to other places in South America. They’ve got the longest cable cars in the world, which are their main form of transportation and of course, the views from them are awesome! There’s also a place there called Valle de la Luna (Valley of the Moon.) It was created by the erosion of mountains which left tall spires, and it looks like you’re walking on the moon. I’ve never seen anything like it! Another beautiful country to visit is Panama. 

7. Where will your travels take you next?
Probably Uruguay. It’s still in the planning phase.

8. You are an awesome photographer. Your photos are like paintings How long have you been interested in photography?
I’ve loved photography ever since I was young, way back in the film days. I’ve taken photography courses in school and never stopped taking photos. I’m still taking photography courses online these days, always trying to improve. I also love editing photos, applying filters and making them look their best.

9. You’ve been to some epic concerts. Most recently Hootie and the Blowfish and Jlo. Tell us about one of your most memorable concert experiences?
Seeing Cher front and center in Philly was amazing! Getting to meet her that same night was even more incredible!

Another cool concert moment was at a Cyndi Lauper concert when she came out into the audience and stood on the chair RIGHT next to me MID-SONG and continued to sing from there.

10. What was it like meeting Cher? How did the meeting come about? How nervous were you?  
I won a contest through Cher’s fan club and got to meet her backstage at a concert of my choice. I was nervous, but as soon as she came out and starting talking to us, she’s so down to earth, that your nerves disappear. She was SO nice to us, signed autographs, took photos, just the coolest person! It was the best experience and one I’ll never forget! I’ve seen her over 30 times in concert. She puts on an incredible show!

Check out Gabrielle's travel photos on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment