Thursday, November 28, 2019

THANKSGIVING

It's not about the bird.
It's not about the pie.
It's about what we're thankful for.
You and I.

I have a great family.
I have great friends.
But, I'll admit, I don't always feel blessed.

I see the challenges that my housemates face.
They handle them with dignity and grace.
Better than I ever could.

I always think about what I don't have.
Yeah, it's hard here. That's no lie.
The young staff does not really get it.
The older staff understands.


I am blessed.
I have a big mouth. I use it.
It is more difficult for my housemates.
I speak up for them too

The facility? Their Thanksgiving rocked, and I am grateful they invited me.
I am writing for their newsletter.
I am a volunteer!

My family called.
They shipped my mom's carrot casserole to me. The tradition goes on.
That meant so much.
It was a good Thanksgiving.

Thank you, Lachanddria for the delicious dinner.
I  am stuffed.
I am blessed.

I hope you had a joyful thanksgiving


.



1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Joanne!
    Your friends at Gethsemane are thankful for your words of wisdom and are thankful for you! God Bless!, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete