Thursday, March 28, 2024

DEAR AMAZON PRIME

What has happened to our relationship?  What have I done wrong? I have been a loyal customer of Amazon for years. 

I received my first birthday gift card many years ago  I opened an account even though  I was nervous. (You must understand that being nervous about trying new things is how I am. It's my MO. A risk taker I'm not.)

A friend gifted me Prime several years ago. One yearly payment and BOOM not only could I shop online, but i could watch movies and get free shipping. Prime was so cool. You were so cool, Amazon. 

The coolest thing?  I could do everything myself with just a tap of the keyboard mouse on my laptop. I was independent. No assistance was required. You did that for me Amazon. I have cerebral palsy so, for me, that meant everything.

When I realized that I could get Prime for half the monthly price of fifteen dollars because I received government assistance. I jumped (pun intended) at the opportunity. Prime for under eight dollars a month? I was in.

Everything was fine until late last year when you began charging me the full monthly rate for Prime instead of the EBT rate. I was certain this was just a one-time error. that could be easily fixed. It was. Customer service refunded. me the overcharged amount. The end. Oh, Amazon how wrong you are.

That was just the beginning of lengthy online chats. I was told the problem was fixed time and time again. I was told I would never be overcharged again. Month after month it kept happening. 

Customer service told me I had two accounts and someone was using my information to get Prime for free. I was told to get a new debit card. I am waiting for my new one to arrive. After canceling my card customer service told me, after double-checking, that I did NOT have two accounts. ( I had been telling your customer service agents this over and over.) and everything would be okay. I would receive Prime at a reduced rate once I got my new debit card.

How could you do this to me Amazon? I thought we were friends. I have always been loyal to you. Everyone keeps telling me to give you up. To not add me new debit card to my account. How can I give you up when you've given me the gift of independence?  When packages arrive it's like Christmas You have brought me so much joy. 

I love your movies. (Thanks for the Frida Kahlo movie. I have watched it on Prime before. I am so happy it is available again.)

I am frustrated. I still love you Amazon. I am not ready to give up on you.

Sincerely,

Your loyal customer in STL.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment