Thursday, March 24, 2016

WEAR GREEN FOR ERIN AND ME


Several weeks ago,  I read a story online, about a young woman with CP. Her name is Erin Feeney. 


Erin is a twenty-four-year-old college student. More importantly, Erin is the author of the book Kids in Toyland.  Her book is a collection of short stories that have an anti-bullying message. The idea for the book came from Erin's experiences of being bullied in school. She published it when she was sixteen years old. Her stories were turned into a short film. Earlier this month, the film was given a red carpet premiere at a theater in Erin's hometown of Naperville, Illinois. I  almost forgot to mention that Erin is unable to speak. She uses a computer and letter board to communicate. I forgot because that's not what's important. What's important is what she has to say. 

Erin and I began emailing each other after I read her story. I wanted to congratulate her on her success. I always enjoy talking with fellow writers. 

Erin is writing a novel. After college, she hopes to write for Disney. I have no doubt she will succeed.

March 25h is a day to show support for people with Cerebral Palsy. Wear green to raise awareness. Wear green to show that you see us as people first. Wear green to show that you believe in us. Wear green. It's my favorite color.

Erin Feeney's book is available on iTunes 




No comments:

Post a Comment