Tuesday, September 12, 2017

ON MY OWN

In my last post, I told you that I would know by September 5th if I had been approved for placement in community-based housing.. I spoke with my case manager yesterday. She is still working my plan. Hopefully, she will submit it soon.

My case manager has spoken with my social worker regarding a sit and stand lift. I hope that is a sign that things are moving in a positive direction.

My family has helped me since the death of my mother in 2010. I want to take this opportunity to thank them for all they have done and continue to do for me while I live in long-term care. .I could not make it in this facility without them. They have never denied me anything. From grocery shopping to allowing me access to their Netflix account. I appreciate it all. I never take anything they do for me for granted. I love them all very much.

My family deserves to have their lives back. The past seven and a half years have been extremely difficult for them. I ask for their forgiveness.  If I am released from this facility I will be on my own  I will learn to pay my own bills. In order to be truly independent, the only person I can rely on is myself. I know my family wants the best for me. I know that they are hoping a better living situation will be found for me. I know that they just want me to be safe.

The government will not pay for a phone for me until I am released. I can even get a better power chair if I am released.  As long as I live here the government does not think that I deserve anything.

I want to thank the social workers for supporting me on this journey. Your interest, support, encouragement, and belief in me means more than I can say. 

This is a scary and exciting time for me. I won't know the outcome for several weeks. I continue to wait, hope and pray. Thank you, everyone, for your interest, love, and support.









No comments:

Post a Comment