Saturday, September 2, 2017

3 DAYS AND COUNTING

September 5th, if things stay on schedule,  I will find out whether or not I have been approved for community-based housing.

I am both excited and scared. I am excited because I will be able to roll out of this facility. I never believed I belonged here. If I am approved that means The State of Missouri does not think that I belong here either. That will be extremely gratifying to me.

If I am approved I will have to manage on my own. I hope the state will assist in moving my things. I will also need to learn to live on very little income. That is what scares the most. I have to make this work. If it doesn't, I will end up back in a facility with any chance of getting out lost to me forever.

I know living in community-based housing will be better than living in a facility. Instead of having to share aides with thirty-nine other people the maximum number of people I will have to share an aide with is four. I am sure that I will not have to worry about missing my transportation if I  want to go out. I will not have to worry about wetting the bed.

I will not have to worry that I will have a male aide My case manager has documented my preference.

I am concerned about how everything will come together. The main thing I am concerned about is not having Wi-Fi. If I lost the ability to write and access the internet I would not know what to do with myself.

I hope that I have lots of visitors. I hope that my family has time to come visit me too.

Living in a facility has been the most difficult experience of my life. I have also learned a lot from the experience. I have learned to be more patient. I have learned that arguing will not get me anywhere. It makes people not want to help me. It gave me a negative reputation here. I am grateful for the lessons I have learned

I try not to think about how I will feel If I am not approved for placement.As I said in a previous post, If I am forced to have a roommate I will not survive.

Thank you, family, and friends on Facebook and Twitter. I would also like to thank the staff here who are rooting for me. Your support and/encouragement mean more than I can say.

 Please continue to send good vibes. Please continue to pray for me. 3 days and counting...

Stay tuned.


















No comments:

Post a Comment