Friday, July 27, 2018

MI FIESTA

I have been obsessed with Mexico ever since I watched Telenovelas on Netflix. I wrote a blog post about my favorite Telenovela. 
http://confessionsofadisableddiva.blogspot.com/2017/05/escape.html 

I am learning Spanish. Don't be too impressed. 
I can recognize words. I know what the words mean, but my pronunciation is horrendous. I won't be conversing in Spanish any time soon.

I wanted to have a party for the staff. I wanted to thank them. I wanted to leave this facility with good memories and positive vibes. I wanted to have a Mexican Fiesta. I thought it was tacky to ask my friends to throw. a party for me. I was talking with a friend here.  She encouraged me to tell my friends. that I wanted a Mexican Fiesta goodbye party. The worst thing that could happen was that my friends would refuse. I could live with that.

Sometimes it is okay to ask for want you want. I learned that real friends don't think it's t tacky when you ask them to throw a Fiesta for you. My friends were as excited about my Fiesta as I was. The invitation was online before I knew it. My dream of having a Mexican Fiesta became a reality.

Surprisingly staff and a few residents came. Everyone had a great evening munching on nachos, and cupcakes. and drinking Margaritas. I will remember my fiesta as an evening filled with laughter and fun. Thank you, Ellie and Laura. The food was delicious. Thank you to all who came. Your presence meant a lot to me.

My fiesta was more than food, friends, and fun  I learned some valuable lessons from it.  Sometimes it is okay to ask for what you want and need if it means a lot to you. go for it. Ask. If you don't you will always wonder what if.  That what-if could be awesome. You'll never know. unless you take a risk and ask. It is okay to, do things that make you happy. Your friends might just want to see you happy too.

I  thought no one liked me here. I always thought I was viewed as a problem. Turns out the staff likes me. I know it's true because of all the hugs and good wishes I have received.  When they say they will miss me, they mean it.

I thought there was nothing good about me. I was wrong. I am funny. I love to laugh. I enjoy doing things to make other people happy. I am a good person. I deserve to be happy. It has taken a long time for me to believe that.

Gracias. mi amigas.  Yo soy muy Feliz.




































No comments:

Post a Comment