Sunday, October 13, 2019

A CLEAN SLATE

I began reading through my blog posts. There were over 300  of them. There was a common theme in many of them/ I was angry. I was negative. I hated being at NHC. I worked hard. I was determined. I got out. My dream had come true. A group home. My hard work had paid off. My prayers answered.

Except...I am not happy here either. Many of the complaints I had about living in a facility have followed me here. Again, the negative blog posts began. This time I was trashing CCL.

I spent my Saturday clicking delete. Purging this blog of negativity. I am ashamed. How could I have written all of those negative posts about NHC?  Was I  really full of that much anger and hate while I lived there? When I visit for Happy Hour every Friday I realize how much the staff cares about me. People there love me warts and all.

NHC Town and Country is like my second family. I celebrate holidays there. I want the door to always be open to me in case I ever need to return. My blog angered many of the staff at NHC. Purging this blog of negativity is a small step toward making amends. I regret the negative posts I wrote while was a  resident. I know deleting them now is too little too late, The staff read them. The damage was done. No matter how much I would like to I can't take back my words. All I can do is apologize, move forward with a positive and grateful heart.

Jaywood is not a bad place to live. In fact, it's a really nice house. It's just different. Jaywood, like NHC, is in a state of transition. I hope for both places the transition is smooth. I want to thank the director of CCL for taking my concerns seriously. I apologize for the negative posts I have written about CCL.

The staff at both CCL and NHC are people who are doing the best they can. They are overworked, underpaid and, sometimes, under-appreciated. Thy did not deserve me lashing out in negative blog posts.

This blog is moving forward with a clean slate. I am moving forward with a grateful heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment