Thursday, May 8, 2014

MY BUCKET LIST 2014

I saw this story on the talk show, Katie, this morning/ It's the story of nine-year-old Ben Pierce who is gradually losing his sight. They don't know when but they know it's coming. His parents are trying to give him as many experiences as they can so that when the inevitable happens, Ben will always be able to see the experiences through his mind's eye. Katie gave him a fun-filled day in New York City as well as other surprises/

 If we knew we were going to lose our sight or were told we had a terminal illness, what would we want to do or see? What would be important to us?

I started a bucket list. There are only three items on it.

1. To have an article published in a magazine
2. To visit California again
3. To see Cher in concert again

My list isn't very long. The things I thought of seemed inconsequential.


I depend on others all the time. I think a good entry for me would be to try and help others in some way.

 I'd, want to do help all homeless, abused and neglected dogs. I would love to volunteer at the Humane Society. I can't give money, but I can give love.

Writing a bucket list motivates you. It makes you think about what's really important to you.

I hope that Ben Pierce gets to do as many things as he can before his vision fails. He'll have plenty of pictures to view in his mind's eye. Plenty of memories.

 What's on your bucket list?








No comments:

Post a Comment