Tuesday, May 6, 2014

EMAIL FRUSTRATIONS

I only type with one finger. Staying signed in to my email account is a lot easier for me. I have had the same email provider for a very long time and never had an issue. Periodically, I would have to sign in again, but that was no problem, I would just re-enter my password. Everything was fine. Until this past month.

I was prompted to verify who I was by retyping my password. I did. I was told what I had typed was incorrect. I tried several times. I changed my password and thought everything would be fine.

I enjoy composing and sending emails on my Kindle.  I type slower and have to proofread them really well because I make more errors. I like to sit at my kitchen table and send emails. That proved to be a problem because when I tried to enter the new password on my Kindle my email provider wouldn't recognize it.

I tried every password I'd ever used. Eventually, I got locked out of my own account. Twice. I guess they thought I was a hacker. I found a toll-free number, called, and was going to explain my situation, but all I got was a busy signal. I envisioned a future of being locked out of my own email account once a month forever. I was very frustrated. I called my internet service provider. They were of no help.

I have switched email providers and things are fine with my Kindle and email I have a problem with an update not installing. I'm thankful that I have family and friends to assist me with computer issues.

I love my laptop. it allows me to stay in touch with friends and family, play games, and do research for stories. But when there is a problem I sometimes feel like throwing it out the window.

I have tremendous respect for those who can diagnose technical computer issues and fix them.



No comments:

Post a Comment