Sunday, September 27, 2015

100 DIVA BLOG POSTS

This. is my 100th post. When I  started this blog on July 7, 2012, it's purpose was to see if I could write about anything other than Bianca Bear, the main character of my children's book.


Over the past three years, you have gone through my struggles with caregivers, Lucie's illness and death and my having to leave the only home I have ever lived in. You've been through it all with me. Fifty-seven years is a long time. I am not sure l will ever completely get over leaving my home. The good news is I have fifty-seven years' worth of memories. I wrote about almost everything that was happening in my life. My hope was that you would see that a person with a disability struggles, fails, succeeds, but no matter what, they keep going.  

This has been the hardest year of my life. However, I have had some wonderful opportunities come my way, as a result of my writing, since moving here. For that I am grateful. 

I am thankful that I am still able to volunteer at my library. That's one thing that has remained the same. It takes a little longer to get there now, but it is so worth it to me.

This blog isn't perfect.  You may find a misspelled word or a comma missing. I apologize for that. I hope that you look past the grammatical errors and read it for the message I am trying to convey...In every single post, the underlying message is the same. I am a person just like you. I am doing my best to have a meaningful life. 

Here's to 100 more.














   



No comments:

Post a Comment