Friday, March 23, 2018

My NEXT CHAPTER.....I'M READY

I finally got the call.  It has been over three months since my initial meeting with my case manager.  I had almost given up hope. I thought my profile was in the system.. I thought they could not find any agencies that were willing to offer me support. I was wrong.

My case manager had been meeting with her director as well as someone from another department discussing my case. She had not forgotten about me. My profile is now in the system

In a week or so my case manager and I will begin to be contacted by potential providers  (agencies) who have viewed my profile and are willing to support my needs. I will choose the provider I  am comfortable with.  Then my case manager and I will visit community-based housing.in my chosen locations. I will have the opportunity to spend time in my perspective home before making my final decisions.  I can see a light at the end the tunnel. I am almost free.

Everyone is happy for me. Both at this facility and on social media. Everyone. has been so supportive. Your messages have been overwhelming. Today the woman from the state, who forced me out of my home over three years ago,  came to this facility. I ran into her by coincidence. She knows the first social worker I'd met with last fall  She was aware of everything.  She asked me if I was happy to be getting out.  I replied that I am. She said that she was happy for me/She wished me well. It felt like she was giving me her seal of approval.  I appreciate her positive response.

You, my, readers, know what is important to me. Having my own room, not having to wait as long as do here to get the care I need, a bathroom with a door on it, and. a peaceful environment. Just being in a house again will mean everything to me.

There are so many things I want to do. My goals are to write my column for The West End Word again and to find a way to publish another book.

I worry about how everything will work out. I have faith that everything will be fine.

My next chapter is about to begin...I'm ready.







No comments:

Post a Comment