Friday, October 19, 2018

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

My brother Bill passed away in 2013. On the day of his memorial service, I wrote the post below. We did not ' always get along, but he was my brother. I loved him. I was proud of him.  I just wanted people to know that. https://confessionsofadisableddiva.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-tribute-to-my-brother.html

Sunday, October twenty-first, would have been Bill's seventy-sixth birthday I have been .thinking about him. We had disagreements, but there were good times too. The good times are what I choose to remember.

I remember watching the movie Elf with Bill. He laughed so hard at Will Ferrell.that that it was more fun watching him than watching the movie.

I remember discussing which one of us was entitled to eat the one anchovy on the antipasto plate at Charlie Gitto's  Restaurant. After discussing it for several minutes we each ate half.

I remember after I had surgery Bill sent me a bouquet of tulips. Tulips are my favorite.flower.
'
I remember how good Bill's frozen margaritas were.

I remember begging Bill to give me his Barbra Streisand Greatest  Hits cassette because it had the song Stoney End on it. He repeatedly refused. On the drive home, I looked inside my cassette case and saw the Barbra Streisand cassette. Bill had given me the tape.

I  remember the book of poetry Bill gave for my high school graduation. I was nineteen. The book didn't mean much to me then. It means so much to me now.

Happy Birthday, Bill. I love you. I miss you. I wish I could talk to you.

This post was not planned... I rolled up to my desk and started typing. This post is disconnected,, random. A jumble of.memories that were written from my heart.






.

No comments:

Post a Comment