Monday, April 25, 2016

THE GRILL MASTER

Since moving to NHC I realize how fortunate I am. I have a supportive family. They know how difficult living here can be My brother, Bob is my advocate. He does whatever he can to make sure my needs are met.

He also does whatever he can to make me happy. All I have to is tell him I need or want something and he will do his best to get it for me. From Jilly's Cupcakes to yogurt covered raisins, if I want it, he gets it.

Bob made my birthday special, taking my tablemate's orders and bringing us Chines food on my sixtieth birthday. He always makes sure that I have wine in my refrigerator to share too.

Bob's interests include sports, birds, animals and he loves to barbecue. When the weather is nice that's where you'll find him outside barbecuing. Chicken brats, pork steaks, hot dogs. you name it, he can grill it.

One of the residents at my table kept saying that they wanted a steak. When Bob heard about it, he offered to grill a steak for them on the grill that's on the facilities patio. Next Sunday, the four of us will be treated to steaks and salmon burgers grilled here by my brother. We are looking forward to it.

I realized again how lucky I am. I saw how happy everyone was when he brought us Chinese. Not everyone has a supportive and generous brother I do. Not only does he want me to be happy, but he also wants to make other residents happy too.

I am proud of Bob for offering to barbecue for us. He doesn't like to make a big deal of all the good things he has done for other people. But this is special to me. I wanted you all to know what an amazing brother I have. He has never let me down.

Next Sunday the steaks and salmon burgers will be delicious. I know because my brother is The Grill Master.









No comments:

Post a Comment