Friday, November 4, 2016

MY MICAH FOWLER INTERVIEW

Ever since the first episode of Speechless aired I have wanted to Interview Micah Fowler. Wait, that's not entirely true. I should have said, ever since I wrote my first piece on the show last August, I have wanted to interview Micah Fowler.

I was amazed that there was going to be a show on network television about a family whose oldest son had cerebral palsy,  My disability. And, the show had actually hired an actor with CP to play the role of JJ. That was all I needed to hear. I knew I wanted to interview Micah for The Mac Wire.

I'd read an interview that two young men with CP had done with Micah for their blog. I emailed them to ask for suggestions on how to get my own interview. They said they tweeted Micah first.  Then they contacted his agents.

I tweeted Micah, telling him who I worked for and that I'd to interview him. I told him that I also had CP. It was hard saying all of that in 140 characters, but I did. I sent my tweet His reply came shortly after. "Contact my agents."

I wrote to his agents. I didn't get an answer. It took more than a month. Finally after Many emails from M.A. Cassata and me, we received a reply from a representative at ABC. I was asked to send five questions for Micah's consideration.

Okay, now I had the approval for an interview.What questions did I want to ask ? The Mac Wire is an entertainment website, not a disability site. I couldn't ask questions related to cerebral palsy or disability.

I asked him about the show, his fans, who he looked up to as an actor. his aspirations for the future and much more. . I hope you read my Mac Wire piece. If you missed it, check it out here. http://www.themacwire.com/tmw-exclusive-speechless-star-micah-fowler-on-acting-his-newfound-fame-and-the-importance-of-his-groundbreaking-role/ Micah gave very detailed answers.

Getting to interview Micah was important to me both personally and as a freelancer for The Mac Wire.  Anyone with a disability has challenges. Even though he has challenges, Micah is making a difference and hopefully, changing society's perception of people with disabilities. I wanted readers to get to know him as a person when they read my interview. I am extremely pleased because I think I accomplished my goal.

I am on a mission to make sure everyone watches Speechless at least once.You will find it to be extremely funny.  It is a show with themes everyone can relate to. Someone told me this week that it is one of the top five shows, I am happy that people are watching.Speechless. I hope more will tune in.

Thank you Micahfor taking the time to answer my questions. I wish you continued success. Thank you M.A. for not letting me give up on getting this interview.  It  was worth waiting for.



.