Monday, September 18, 2017

I WROTE A BLOG POST

Some weekends are best spent playing Word Tornado. I thought it was okay to play word Tornado all weekend because it's like Scrabble. I am still using my brain, but I don't get a headache.  I get a headache, sometimes when I am trying to write blog posts or essays. I thought about blogging this past weekend, but I was like Scarlett O'Hara. I told myself "I'll think about that tomorrow."

I wrote (and deleted) a post titled  What's it like? I asked readers questions such as What's like to be truly independent? What's it to not have to be dependent on other people to assist with your personal care? What's it like to walk?  


I  asked these questions because I wanted my able-bodied readers to stop and think. To focus for a minute on all the things they automatically without giving them a second thought.  I have thought about true independence. I do wonder what it is like to be able to care for yourself.  I am happy and proud of who I am. If I didn't have CP,  I would be a completely different person. I still wonder though.  Especially since moving to a facility. It seems all I do I wait for the staff to help me.


I never want my readers to feel sorry for me. I am in an extremely stressful and difficult living environment. I am handling the best way I can. I  am proud of the personal growth I have achieved. Maybe that's why this happened to me. I needed to change. I needed to learn how to better interact with my caregivers. If I am given a second chance I want to succeed.


I want my blog posts to make my readers stop and think. I want.to give my readers an idea of what my life is living in a facility. I write about negative issues hoping for a positive change. I am grateful for your interest and support.


 I believe there will be a positive end to this chapter of my life. My new life is just around the corner. It's only a matter of time. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment