Tuesday, April 4, 2023

ENDINGS

Endings
.Life...Death.
.Childhood...adulthood
Jobs...We retire
Marriages...Divorce.
Formal education...Graduation.
Our favorite book...Sadness
TV series we love...Tears
A delicious meal...Satiation
A house...Moving

All of us experience endings in our lives. You can probably add more to my list. The most difficult one for me, besides losing someone to death, is the ending of a friendship. When I become friends with someone from the moment we meet I am wondering why this person is interested in talking to me. They're cool. I'm not. They had life experiences that I will never have. So, I tell myself to enjoy it while it lasts. Because as much as we pledge to be BFFs forever, from the moment I meet someone new, I  brace myself for the ending that I know will inevitably come.   I have to.  otherwise, I'd be a mess for the rest of my life.

Whenever I am happy. Whenever feel a sense of acceptance and belonging something is wrong. I sit and silently wait for the other shoe to drop. and ruin my mood and my day. When it does I smile to myself and say, "I told you so."  I get so close. I never truly belong.

Friends move on. I am left wondering what happened.  It has made me a stronger person. I am grateful. I want to thank the friends I have lost touch with.  They let me into their lives for a little while. I learned from each friendship. We had fun and made memories that I cherish.  Lives move in different directions. Forever is a myth.

The good news is that endings mean new beginnings. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment