Tuesday, May 14, 2019

AS THE DAY ENDS

The last two days have been good. Quiet. Good conversations.with the staff. Laughter.

As this day comes to a close I am thankful for my aides and the care they provide me. I will make tomorrow will be another good day.

The questions I am asking myself tonight are what can I do to make the staff's job easier? What am I doing wrong? How can I help them to better assist me?  Without the staff, I would not have a life. I could not write this blog. I would not be able to get to my laptop, eat or use the bathroom. I would be stuck in bed. Existing. Not living. 

Those of us who depend on caregivers for assistance need to ask ourselves these questions. Caregivers are people. They have frustrations the same as we do.

I miss my friends. I miss my family. I hope I will see them soon. Until I do I'll be okay.








No comments:

Post a Comment