Wednesday, September 26, 2018

SHE'S THE REAL DEAL

One of my social workers when I was a resident at NHC, was Nancy. I have written about Nancy before. I wrote a post titled The Gift of Friendship.http://confessionsofadisableddiva.blogspot.com/2018/04/the-gift-of-friendship.html  It's a post about my four BFF's at NHC. If you have not read it hope you will. If you have, I encourage you to read it again,. It is one of my best.

In my original post, I wrote that Nancy believed in me, she encouraged and she fought for me.  Nancy encouraged, believed in, and fought for all of her residents. If she saw that a resident needed something she did her best to get it for them. She cared. Some would say too much. That may be true, but. many who work in nursing homes don't care enough. Long-Term Care needs more people Nancy.  She knew that being in a nursing home was not fun. No one asked to be there. Nancy went the extra mile. Many times doing things on her time off just to make a resident happy. It was a sad day when Nancy left NHC.

Here's the really cool thing. Even though Nancy no longer works at NHC she visits the facility regularly to see how the residents are doing. And she has not forgotten former residents like me, who have moved to other places/ She visits us too. She visited me today. It was good to see her and talk to her. She is still listening to me and encouraging me. Some things  have not changed. I hope they never do.

Thanks, Nancy. See you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment