Wednesday, July 1, 2020

KEEP CALM...HUG A NURSE

Nothing ruins an evening more than being rushed to the hospital by ambulance. Arriving in the ER and being poked and prodded, having a myriad of tests done, and not being assigned a room until almost five o'clock in the morning. Yep, killed my night that's for sure.

You know what I noticed?  How kind everyone was to me. When I vomited, no one told me how disgusting it was or that they were not dealing with me because I might have Covid-19. EMT''s helped me. They reassured me. They saw how scared
I was.

In the ER I was given the same reassurance. No one chastised me for getting sick at the end of their shift. No one left me alone to finish paperwork they were three days behind on. The medical staff knew because i was lying down, if i got sick, I might aspartate. I was checked on frequently.

Once I was given a room, my nurse Sarah, as well as a student nurse, took great care of me. I was not told I irritated them when I asked a question more than once or told, Or that I was free to talk, but they did not have to listen or respond. They talked to me, Checked on me because I couldn't reach my call button. They cared. 

When I lived at NHC I wrote hurtful, negative blog posts. I have deleted them. I focus on my positive experiences while I lived there, but the memory of my words lingers on. NHC Town and Country Skilled Nursing Facility have a great nursing staff. I was only focused on myself and the negative. I refused to see anything positive. I got everything I needed. The nurses were kind and caring. They took their time with me. I was stupid. I could start naming names, but I might leave someone out. That would very bad. You know who you are. I hope I can see everyone again soon.

All of my procedures came back normal. I have one more to go. The scariest one. I have faith that with the assistance of a kind and caring nurse I will be just fine.

Nurses. They put themselves at risk every day. They put up with a lot of crap

Have you hugged a nurse today?

.







No comments:

Post a Comment