Monday, October 26, 2020

GOD'S PEP TALK


 How awesome would it have been if God have given us a pep talk right before we were born?  His calm voice reassuring us that we've got this. Everything is going to be okay.

 My pep talk might have gone something like this:

God: I am allowing you to see your world two and a half months early/ As a result of my allowing this, you will not be like other children. You'll have a disability called spastic cerebral palsy. Spastic quadriplegia is the most severe form of CP. I chose to give you spastic CP because I know you are strong. 

I am not going to tell you everything about your CP. I want you to discover things about it on your own when it is right for you.  You're parents and grandparents will help you. They already love you more than you will ever know.

Use your disability to educate others. Advocate for those with disabilities who cannot advocate for themselves. I want you to think of your CP  as my gift to you, You will meet amazing people. You will have some unique experiences because I have given you CP.

Some people won't take the time to really get to know you. They will make assumptions about you based on what they see.  That's sad. You will grow up to be an intelligent woman. I don't make mistakes. 

You'll go through difficult times. There will be tears. There will be laughter too. 

You'll want to give up. You are a fighter. Quitting won't be an option for you.

It's time. Are you ready?

There is no need to be afraid. I have your back. Now and always.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment