Sunday, January 24, 2021

I WILL REMEBER YOU



Cynthia
For showing me what strength and courage look like. I can still see you sitting by the front desk. I can still hear you saying, "Is that Joanne? How ya doin' honey?"

Randy For your love of Happy Hour, snacks, and a Bud Light.

Mary Lee For the way a Medea movie made you laugh.

Marilyn For your love of crafting. You came to visit me that first day. You told me that everything would be okay.

Bert For your knowledge of theater and music. You loved a good glass of wine. 

Norma For the stories you told me about going to Crown Candy when you were growing up. Your face would light up when you talked about it. Your eyes twinkled.

Lorraine  For saying, I"ll be your friend," when I needed one. You loved Tom Jones.

 Melvyn For showing me that even though you lived in a nursing home you still lived your life. And, you lived it with dignity.  

Some of these people died from Covid. Some from other illnesses. It really doesn't matter. What matters is what I learned from each of them. They were my fellow residents. We had disagreements. We worked through them. We understood each other's struggles. We were a family They were my friends. I miss them (especially now) every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment