Tuesday, August 31, 2021

THREE IS MY LUCKY NUMBER


 August 31, 2018. Three years ago. I moved here with the goal of making my life better life. 

August 31, 2021, I toured the most amazing nursing home. Yes, if things work out the way I hope they will, I am moving.

I need people to talk to. I need people taking care of me who care about me. I need the staff who takes care of me to conform to my needs. I should not have to conform to their needs. 

I am always getting on the staff's nerves here. I know this is true because they have told me. I have been told what I need to change about myself. I am tired of trying. People here do not accept me for the awesome person I am.

I am going to spend some time at the nursing home before finalizing my decision. I am eighty percent sure this facility is the right place for me. The staff is more willing to work out bathroom logistics. The facility itself? It looks like a freakin' hotel. I can't believe they have Medicaid beds.'

Their activity calendar is jam-packed. Happy Hour is every Wednesday. A wine cart twice a week. They even take residents on outings. If you request to be taken somewhere their transportation will take you. The nursing home offers lots of food choices at mealtimes.

A dog lives there too.

The big deck and the small patios mean there are a plethora of spots for quiet/alone time.

I hope I am never again told by a staff member that they are not required to talk to me. Told I'm extra, or that I do too much. I am too old for all that. I want peace.

Do you want to know the most amazing thing I noticed during the tour?  Not a single staff member was talking/ on or staring at their cellphone while working.

I haven't felt this excited about making a change.....Wait, I have never been this excited about a life change.

I deserve to enjoy the rest of my life. Stay tuned/ 









No comments:

Post a Comment