Tuesday, January 18, 2022

MY FAKE EULOGY


 I made it up That's right. I wrote my own eulogy. It was a writing prompt. I decided it would be a  challenge  It might be fun too  It was.

I debated whether or not to tell my readers that my eulogy post was based on a writing prompt. I decided not to explain my post. I was positive anyone reading it would know, from the way it was written, that It was the product of my imagination. I was wrong

I received a comment from a reader asking when I had passed and why? The comment was unnerving and funny at the same time. I quickly replied to the comment. I explained the writing prompt. I assured the reader that I am alive and well.

As proficient as I am as a blogger I could not blog from the Great Beyond

The other thing that struck me is the fact that my fake eulogy received more hits in an hour than some of my posts receive in several days. I confess I don't know quite how to take that.

My fake eulogy is what I hope my send-off into the Afterlife will be. I want people to party, laugh, and have fun. I love a Fiesta. Everyone knows that. 

If any of my friends and family read this post I have one request. I know hot air balloons are expensive to rent, but if you could have one or two balloons float by as the Fiesta's ending that would be so rad. No pressure. Ha.











2 comments:

  1. So not funny to write a fake eulogy, Joanne, but to each her own. I'm glad it was fake and i guess that's one way to let people know what kind of "send off" you hope for.

    Warm regards,

    Colleen Starkloff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a writing prompt. it's good to write positive posts about yourself while you are alive It was a fun, thought-provoking exercise I meant no harm or disrespect to anyone

      Delete