Friday, February 14, 2020

SHE DID IT

A support coordinator's job is never-ending. They are responsible for running the house and making sure clients have everything they need. They are on call 24/7.

Our house van has not been dependable for months. I and my housemates have not been out very much. Borrowing a van is a headache for the SC because other houses do not want to loan out their van. I have heard our SC on the phone begging to borrow a van. 

My housemates have missed important doctor's appointments. Until last week, I had not been to Happy Hour since before Christmas. Cabin fever was definitely setting in.

Last week, we were given a van that had only one working windshield wiper. On the way back from NHC it began to snow. The staff member got out of the van twice to adjust the wiper. She rolled down her window to see and drive. The drive back to the house was freezing cold.

NHC is having a big Valentine's Day bash today. This morning I was told that there would not be a fan available to transport me. The agency is having a party at the office. I was resigned to a day of writing and movie watching.

After breakfast, I was told they had found a van to take me to NHC.  Our SC had worked her magic. I want her to know how grateful I am. This afternoon when I am listening to the awesome entertainment provided by Sterling and in awe of the cholate fountain, I will know that I am privileged to be there because of the SC's hard work and dedication.

Thank you,.  Happy Valentine's Day.






No comments:

Post a Comment