Tuesday, February 18, 2020

THE WHY

I didn’t know what a telenovela was until about three years ago. I stumbled upon one while perusing Netflix movie titles hoping to find something good to watch. 

Weekends were long and boring. I wanted to find something that would make the time pass quickly  I wanted to find a series so engrossing that I would forget the fact that I lived in a nursing home. 

I found the 2014 Latin-American telenovela Lo Que La Vida Me Robo.  I soon found myself caught up in all of the storylines. I was traveling to palm trees, crystal blue water, and beautiful haciendas every night. Mexico. It was the perfect diversion.

Luis Roberto Guzman portrayed the character, of  Jose Luis Alverez in the series. Jose Luis was part of a love triangle between Both Alejandro Almonte  and Jose Luis were in love with the beautiful  Montserrat Mendoza
.
It is difficult for me to put into words why I admire Luis Roberto Guzman without sounding like a fangirl That's definitely not what I want to sound like in this post. A geeky old lady fangirl.

 He cares about humanity. He cares about our planet. He believes that we should never stop learning.

 He has traveled the globe. I am an armchair traveler.     I find this fascinating. He has traveled to many. exotic locations like Turkey, Rio de Janeiro, and Iceland. He's posted beautiful photos. It would amazing to interview him for this blog.

He has replied to several of my messages on Twitter. Getting those replies made my day. They made me feel special. (I know geeky old lady fangirl moment. Come on, did you really think I'd write this post without one?)

Why do I admire Luis Roberto Guzman?   Why is meeting him the #1 item on my bucket list? The answer's simple.

Because he's cool.















No comments:

Post a Comment