Friday, March 20, 2020

QUARANTINED

Our world has been shut down by a virus named COVID-19. It sounds like the plot of a Si-Fi movie except it's not,. It is our reality for the foreseeable future. Anyone else going stir-crazy? I am.

I want to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to the Jaywood staff. They have families. They could be at home with them. Instead, they sacrifice time with there families to come to  Jaywood to care for us during this uncertain time.

My routine is the same. Watch movies, Start and then delate the same blog topic approximately ten times finally realizing it makes no sense. I give up on blogging for the day. I check all of my social media accounts as well as my email. I  may read or play Word Tornado after taking my morning siesta. The majority of the time Netflix wins. I fall asleep watching Netflix too. That signifies that I am officially old. When did that happen?

Seeing my friends and family on Facebook brings me comfort. I can message them if I am lonely. Knowing that we are all in this together makes it a little less scary for me,

I  know that Jaywood is where I need to be right now. I am safer living here. I feel blessed.

I am praying for the staff and residents of all Long-Term Care Facilities. I know how much they miss seeing their family and friends.

My advice is to eat whatever you want.  Isolation is hard enough. In case you didn't get the memo diets have been suspended too.

Stay safe everyone. Wash your hands. Check on the elderly. Help when you can.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment