Wednesday, February 10, 2021

A COMEDY OF ERRORS

A big thank you to the staff. All three of us git our first dose of the Covid vaccine today.

 Getting to and from the office was truly a comedy of errors. The house van transports two of us in our wheelchairs comfortably. Fitting three wheelchairs in an accessible van only meant for two takes some serious maneuvering

The staff had no choice. With only one van and an eleven o'clock appointment, it was the only thing our staff could do. They were pros. Superheros  Wonder Woman's got nothin' on these ladies

The staff moved us this way and that way. Our chairs got caught on each other. The conversation between our staff went something like this:

"Move her to the left."
"Back her up z little."
"Watch her feet."
"Just a few more inches."

Legs were lifted. Toes crunched. Feet were bumped. Add our driver and the SC to the mix and well, let's just say the expression can of sardines has taken on a whole new meaning for me.

My housemates took it al stride.  As for me, when I heard my toes crunch and my knee crack I freaked out. Chalk it up to old bones and arthritis, Can I help it if I have a low tolerance for pain?  That's a nice way of saying I am a wimp.  And, when my footrest became caught under the driver's seat and my chair would not move I had visions of spending the night in the van. I worried needlessly. It was not easy. but after several minutes, our staff freed my chair. I am mobile again.  Thanks, ladies. You rock.

The vaccine?  The shot was painless. Our second dose is in three weeks.

 Today's adventure would make a great comedy. 

Ya think  Maysoon Zayid would consider playing me?





No comments:

Post a Comment