Tuesday, November 16, 2021

HAPPY THANKSMASYEAR

(And All Holidays In-Between)



As soon as the ghosts and goblins disappeared I could have sworn I heard the faint voices of carolers singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas. But, for me, the true sign that the holiday season has officially begun is the holiday Daisy Sour cream commercial. What exactly is a dollop anyway?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?  Aww, just warms my heart. 

Turkeys are pricey this year. That's okay. Give me a turkey burger, a piece of pumpkin pie, and a libation or two, and all will be good with me. The most important thing is being connected to my family and friends via technology. 

I'll be lost in the ghosts of Thanksgiving's past. The good times. All the delicious food, my mom's last Thanksgiving when we raised our glasses to her. There was also the time when mom forgot the side dishes in the oven, probably because I called her for something minor, and the kitchen became a smokey haze, but I digress.

I am thankful for the roof over my head, the food on my table, and the care I receive. There are many not as fortunate as I am/

Thanksgiving weekend of 2016 I watched my first telenovela. If I am lucky I'll find another one. Or, maybe, a new Korean drama.  I know I will "travel" somewhere.



Christmas will be much the same as Thanksgiving. Quiet, I encourage you to remember those elderly and disabled folks living in long-term care and group homes. Send cards, call, visit. You might consider asking a nursing home if you could adopt a resident for the holidays  I knew many residents who were alone on holidays. I know they will appreciate a thoughtful gesture. I know they will appreciate being remembered.

The most important thing and I know I write this in my posts every year but if If you tell someone living in a nursing home that you are going to visit them it is important to keep your word. You may not mean to, but you let them down when you don't. I know life gets in the way. Just do the best that you can.



2022 will ring in with me wearing bifocals. There will be a changing of the guard. here. I pray the transition will go smoothly.

Usually, in my New Year's post, I list my goals as a writer for the coming year. I have been promised so many things related to my writing, that never materialized. I am disappointed and disillusioned that these promises were not kept. I will always write posts for this blog, but I am tired of getting my hopes up for nothing. 

I will write for myself. Hopefully what I write will be of interest to all of you too. I am done with trying to prove I am good enough, I write well. If people can't see that, that's their problem, not mine. My writing may be depressing but it's my reality.  I write my feelings. 

I hope there is something in my posts that you can relate to.

January2, 2022, I am giving up cocktails until Easter, April 16th. I will continue my exploration of veganism in the new year as well.

HAPPY THANKSMAS YEAR,  and all holidays in-between, from this golden girl on wheels.



















No comments:

Post a Comment