Monday, November 1, 2021

WHERE DOES IT END?


 When you are on government assistance the government owns you. The government decides everything from the amount of EBT you receive to whether or not you meet the criteria to receive a mobility aid.

 All group homes, in the State of Missouri, fall under the umbrella of the Department of Mental Health. 

I have resigned myself to the fact that everyone here knows my business, discusses my behavior, and this agency has the right to give me thirty days' notice if my behavior doesn't comply. I  have accepted that. I  am working hard. This placement has to work for me.

I am always told to be e the bigger person. I am older than the staff here. I am tired. It's getting old. I am  doing  my best to get along with the staff here 

My housemates show me what courage is on daily basis. Living in this group home has shown me how blessed I am. I hope my housemates know that they can always count on me to be their advocate.

I have a DNR. The Department of Mental Health will not allow my DNR to be enforced in this house. This means that if I stop breathing in this house the staff is required to perform CPR whether I want it or not. Outside of this house, my DNR will be honored.

I will visit my doctor. We will discuss a form revoking my DVR in this house. If I do not comply by signing the form. I will be given thirty days' notice by this agency. I shake my head. I ask myself, "Where does it end?"

I am tired of having care. Being pulled on, Using the Sara lift.  It's necessary. It's getting old. I am tired

Life is a gift. I have had an awesome one. I am ready for the stress of needing caregivers to be over. That is God's decision. He must still have something for me to learn. He must have something left for me to do.

The staff works hard. I am thankful for their care. Many go above and beyond for their clients.

As for the DMH I have one question.

Where does it end?






.,

No comments:

Post a Comment