Saturday, February 24, 2024

NETFLIX AND CHILL


 If you've been a follower of this blog since my days in a nursing home you are probably aware that I volunteered for Voyce while I was a resident. I was interviewed about what it was like to live in LTC. These videos were used in training sessions at Voyce.

I attended conferences. I considered becoming an ombudsman, and I  wrote several articles about life in a nursing home. It was an honor to be affiliated with Voyce. I have awesome memories. I thank everyone at Voyce, especially Chen for allowing me such a great experience.

It has been suggested that I attend conferences, write, and advocate for others with developmental disabilities. I have been and will continue to be an advocate for people with disabilities via my writing. As for going to conferences, my feeling is I have been there. I have done that. I am done.

This agency stresses that we need to go out into the community. If I go out once or twice a week why is that not enough?   When do I get  to say, "I just want to Netflix and chill, read, write, and see my friends?"

I have been looking for work-from-home writing jobs. I had this crazy idea that I could be an obituary writer because of a listing I saw online. 

Tonight I hope to go to El Maguey for a Margarita and chips.

Tomorrow I am visiting The Humane Society to pet some puppies. I hope I do not embarrass myself by crying/ I love and miss dogs so much.

I am tired. Aging with spasticity sucks.

There are days when using my Sara lift tires me out.

I am almost sixty-seven years old. 

I just want to Netflix and chill.

  



 



No comments:

Post a Comment