Sunday, August 11, 2024

THAT'S ME





 Last week was a whirlwind of planning, activities, and emotions. I finally had to say enough! My transition meeting is on the 12th. This agency wanted me to move on the 13th. I co-taught a 3-hour training class on the 8th. On the 9th, I was scheduled to see the new house. By the night of the 8th, I felt sick and exhausted.

On the morning of the 9th, I was still exhausted. It hurt to raise my arm to feed myself. I did not go to see the new house.  

Transition meetings can be long.  It's a lot. A meeting where I meet new people talking about my future. A meeting like this wears me out. I am now moving on the 21st. I can take it slow and chill out by taking walks around the cul-de-sac 

I was told if a house was found in this area I could move back to this area.  I appreciate the offer. When I move again it will be to an LTC community. I lived in the same house for 57 years. When all is said and done I want to live in a facility where I can just "be."

I am an introvert. I don't talk much. I don't like to be pushed. I am most comfortable writing and watching movies. I love the few close friends that I have. I don't like parties. They tend to be loud and crowded. Meeting new people makes me anxious.

I am grateful to still be a client of this agency. For the past year and a half, I have done everything to prove to the administrator that residing my 30-day notice was the right decision. I hope I succeeded in doing so.

Two high points for me in the past week:

I learned that the residents of an exclusive nursing home in this area read my fired-up blog post and wanted to meet me. They were disappointed I was not a resident. I guess I got them "fired up" too.  

My post was deleted by Facebook. I am an introvert who is a rebel. I couldn't be prouder.












No comments:

Post a Comment