Monday, April 22, 2019

EASTER...IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT THE BUNNY

I don't know when it happened. I turned 62 and have been thinking about God, life, and what matters. I know. I was surprised too. My main request on Easter was a white- chocolate rabbit.  I am not someone who attends church every Sunday. I believe God is everywhere. He listens, He hears, and He answers our prayers.

It is my belief that you do not have to be in a building to know God or feel his love.  When I attended church at summer camp it was held outside The pews of the church were made of wood as was the pulpit. 

I remember looking up at the sun shining through the trees. I was a kid, but I knew God was there. That image of the sun shining through the trees has stayed with me.

When I saw the tragic photos of the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral  I teared up. I was amazed when I saw the cross standing tall amidst the smoke and ash. That photo was visual proof that God exists. He protects. He saves. 

I have made many mistakes in the past 9 years. I worry about what others of me. Family.  Friends. My staff. I am always trying to fix things. I am always asking for another chance. People tell me it is too late. I have blown all of my chances. I don't believe that. Until I take my last breath there is always hope.

The awesome thing about the Easter season is that Jesus already took care of all my transgressions. He died for them on Good Friday. He was resurrected on Easter Sunday Easter is a time of rebirth and renewal.

I want to be accepted for the person I  am.  Here's the thing I realized. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of me. What matters is what God thinks of me. He already knows the person I am. He knows my struggles. He knows my pain. He sees my tears. He knows that I am trying.  All my wrongs have been forgiven. I am not going to beat myself up defending. myself  anymore

Each morning I ask God to please help me  I ask for God's guidance. I ask for my parents to watch over me. 

Eat candy. Dye eggs.  Just remember that Easter is not just about the bunny.'

No comments:

Post a Comment