Friday, April 26, 2019

MY EPIC CONCERT

Cher's Here We Go Again Tour will be making a \stop in St. Louis next month. For the first time, I won't be at her concert. When I was in my teens this would have been a fate worse than death. The first time that Sonny and Cher appeared here there was some kind of ticket lottery. I remember saying to my mom, "Please you just have to get tickets or I'll die."  She did. As an adult, I am okay with missing this tour.

Ticket prices and transportation are a factor, but you want to know the main reason I am okay with not going?  Neither my mom or my friend JoAnn are here to share the concern with me.

JoAnn was there when I cried after I met Cher's BFF, Paulette.  My mom rocked out at every concert. She yelled at security to make people sit down so I could see the stage. Security told my mom they could not do anything. My mom did the next best thing. She described what I was missing on stage until fans made room so I  could see the stage again. I have some awesome Cher concert memories. I know how fortunate I have been to have seen Cher in concert six times.

I guess that's why the movie A Star Is Born 2018 means so much to me. The movie was my concert, my big event. The concert footage was real. Real fans of Lady Gaga were in the audience. I sang all the songs with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. I had a great time. That movie was my epic concert.  Friends bought me a tee shirt, the soundtrack CD, and a DVD of the movie. I have new concert memories of seeing ASIB with my friend Jenny.

When May 10th rolls around I will probably feel a little sad remembering past Cher tours. I know that fan postings on Social Media will make me feel as though I am there. I am and will always be Cher's #1 fan in St. Louis.

I wasn't physically at any of the concerts that were filmed for A Star Is Born, but I felt the same excitement that I feel when I am attending a concert.  That's pretty amazing. In a strange way, the movie also helped to make missing Cher okay.
I do have a dilemma. Burning questions for Lady Gaga. and Cher. I just have to know.   Can a 62-year-old Cher fan be a Little Monster?  And, Cher, are you okay with it?  Lady Gaga, perhaps you can call us Little Elderly Monsters. Just a suggestion. I will leave it up to you.












No comments:

Post a Comment