Thursday, April 18, 2019

I CRY



I cry when I am happy.
I cry when I'm sad.
I cry when someone makes me mad.
Tears are born from frustration.
Tears are born from fear.

I cry watching commercials.
Hallmark's are the best.
Christmas and Valentine's.
I am a mess.

I cry over words said to me. 
Words that are hurtful and cruel. 
I cry when I say hurtful words too.
Words should be a creative tool.

I cry over holiday traditions that are no more.
I must accept that the holidays will never be as they were before.

Drama Queen. 
Yep. 
Guess that's me. 
I would rather be labeled differently.

I try to keep my tears at bay. 
But they break free. 
They pour from my eyes like a waterfall. 

Crying is cleansing, it's healing.
That's no lie.
I hope I never get too old to cry.

Only strong people cry. 
 That's what they say. 
People who've been through the mill
People who need a break.
People who've had about all they can take.

I'll have a good cry. 
Wipe my eyes. 
 Blow my nose.
I am ready to begin again. 
I am ready to face whatever curve life throws.

FYI: Did you know there are different types of chemicals released through our tears?
When we cry due to an eye irritant, certain types of chemicals are released.
Emotional crying elicits different types of chemicals.
Endorphins are one. That's why we feel better when our crying is done,
Go ahead. Have a good cry. You've earned it.











No comments:

Post a Comment