Wednesday, May 5, 2021

ONE CLICK THAT'S ALL IT TAKES

How am I perceived on social media?  When an unknown person reads my posts on social media or reads a post from this blog is the message they take from my words a positive one?

I can write whatever I want.,That said, I have to be careful. What I post affects not only me but the people around me. My words have driven people away. My negativity has cost me so much.

I am an advocate for change. The problem is the way I went about trying to achieve it.

Agencies,s like the one that facilitates my group home, as well as nursing homes, are businesses. I had no right to take my frustrations out on them by putting them in a negative light. . I bad-mouthed the facilities that were trying to help me. How arrogant and unappreciative of me.

I live with two other people. My actions affect them as well.

.Being a disability advocate is great. The way I did it was wrong. 

 This blog is not just about me. My posts affect a whole bunch of people.

I want to thank anyone who suggested I remove posts that were disparaging. You did me a huge favor. I know now that you were protecting me. 

I did not figure this out on my own. I am not that smart. I watched a video of actor RJ Mitte giving a speech on Youtube. He spoke about growing up with cerebral Palsy, Never giving into fear, and how with just one click people know everything about you. 

One click can either be positive or negative. I want my mouse clicks to be positive.





















No comments:

Post a Comment