Thursday, February 17, 2022

DOG SPELLED BACKWARD

 

The word dog spelled backward is God. Dogs are angels on Earth  God is not physically with us. Dogs are.

Dogs are not property. They are living, loving beings. All they ask for is unconditional love. If you give them love, a dog will give it back to you tenfold.

There is scientific evidence that petting a dog can lower a person's heart rate and blood pressure. Petting a dog is calming. Being around a dog can brighten someone's day  That's why many LTC communities have pet therapy programs Some even have pets in residence.

A staff member has been bringing her Yorkie to work with her for the past few days. The puppy is so sweet and loving. Having him visit makes my day.

I know she does not have to allow me access to her puppy. Every time she allows me to pet her puppy is a gift. I hope she knows how much I appreciate it.

When I annoy her or make her angry she will not allow me to pet the dog. 

That's just about the worst thing you can do to me. Not letting me show love to a dog if there is one around. You know the staff is not required to answer when I speak. That is another big trigger for me. Caregivers don't realize the power they have.

Some people think a dog is just an animal.  Lucie, as well as the dogs who came before her, were a part of our family. Lucie had her own Christmas stocking and she also got a little ice cream on her birthday.

I hope she realizes what a gift her puppy is. How loyal he will be to her. How she will never be alone when he is around. And, there is nothing better than snuggling with a dog when you are sad or do not feel well.

Please do not ever treat him like your property.

Take care of the angel you've been entrusted with. Look into his eyes. You'll see his soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment