Tuesday, February 15, 2022

YOU ARE GOLDEN

 

Dear Joanne,

I  am your past. I am the person you were in the year 2022. I am about to turn Sixty-five. For you, the year is 2027. You are about to turn seventy years old I think that's the age our grandmother was when we were born. 

Unbelievable Isn't it, Grandma? Oh, don't get your panties in a wad. Just a little humor.

What advice can I give you?   Let's see...

When you were my age you said you would rather be in a long-term care facility or in a hospital. You said you'd rather be in Hospice than live in a group home. You know that's a sin, right,? Don't wish your life away. 

At the same time, I get it. 

My hope is that by 2027 you will be in a facility that employs people who get it.  People who get you. People who will care for you with kindness  If you are not in a nursing home I hope that means you've accepted your living situation.     I want you to be happy. I want you to be cared for by people who are caregivers because it's their calling. Corny I know, but I have to believe caregivers like that exist. I hope there is a small private patio you can roll out to from your room as well.

That's why I wanted to be on Hospice. I saw first-hand how kind and caring those ladies were to Mom. Remember the Hospice worker at the nursing home? She always took the time to talk with me. She always took the time to give me a hug. I was not one of her residents. She just did it. 

I am so over having caregivers, aren't you?  More strangers have seen our butt. Can you relate to this scenario? " This is your new staff member. (whose name I am told, but two seconds later, I have forgotten.) She is going to observe your shower." (Whether you like it or not.) I inwardly groan. It's such a pain, but we just have to suck it up and go with it.

I hope that Alzheimer's did not steal your mind from you. I get confused sometimes. I can't remember things as quickly as I used to. I pray at seventy, you are still engaged, and that. you are interested in books, art, and all the other things you love.

You wonder what your life would have been like if God had not chosen to give you CP.  You'll never know. Instead, think of all the lives you have touched because God chose you.

You'd better still be writing in 2027!!! Don't let your typing finger get lazy. Writing has been and will continue to be a good creative outlet for you. You can create any life you imagine for yourself  Just picture it in your mind and then write the movie that you see.  

However, no matter how much you love the world you create in your mind, don't forget to check in with reality from time to time. If you don't you might start getting a little blue pill before bedtime. Who wants a little blue pill? LOL

Speaking of blue, don't let a beautician use that hideous blue rinse on your hair. You are not meant to be an old blue-haired lady!

Keep posting on this blog.

You Are Golden.

Everything will be okay.







 

4 comments:

  1. Please keep writing! Have you been working on any fiction lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not written fiction in quite a while. Don't worry I have no plans to stop writing. The only way that would happen is if I physically could not do it. Thanks so much for your support! Happy belated Valentine's DAy!

      Delete
    2. Keep up the good work.. U are so gifted & have such a beautiful soul

      Delete