Monday, February 21, 2022

FILE THIS UNDER MISCELLANEOUS


 Dogs/pets are not allowed inside the house unless they've been approved. This rule does not bother my housemates. It bothers me. Knowing  that I share some of the blame for this rule makes me feel even worse

I learned a cold, hard truth. Not everyone was raised like I was. A person either has empathy or they don't. I have to accept that fact.

The staff here does not have to talk to me, answer me, look up from their phone when I speak to them, or allow me access to their personal property. (puppy)  I was hurt and shocked.  I get it now

All the staff is required to do is provide care. They do an amazing job. (The staff deserves hazard pay during winter storms They show up no matter what.). That's all I can ask for. I apologize to the staff member for not respecting her wishes. It won't happen again. In the nursing home, the staff talked to me and my fellow residents. Feeling connected is so important. I hate being treated like I am just a body with no feelings or emotions. That's what I am here  That's another bitter pill for me to swallow.

There is a silver lining. Dog are allowed outside of the house. If when you visit, you feel so inclined, bring your fur baby during the spring and summer. 

I fell off the wagon. (Calm down. I did not literally fall off a wagon. I thought all of you knew me better. Me, on a wagon?  Please how undignified.)  I had dessert. Chocolate pie. A  cocktail too. Gasp!  The weird thing is I did not enjoy the cocktail that much. The dessert, however, was a whole other story. I am back at it until April. Although, I really enjoy vegan meals. I may just continue to eat that way.

Thanks to Hulu I  have become obsessed with the MTV show Catfish. Nev and Max were a  great team. Funny too.  I am bummed that he left the show.  What's fascinating to me is the way the stories unravel   This has no relevance to anything. I just threw it in. 

Sometimes a blog post is just a blog post of my wacky introspective thoughts. Sometimes, my alter-ego, Prudencia comes out too.

File this under Miscellaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment