Sunday, November 25, 2018

ALONE


Anxiety.
Depression.
Loneliness.
Fear
Alone

A new chapter.
A clean slate.
Alone.

People pleaser.
I do what I am told.
Alone.

Liar, liar. Pants on fire.
The truth is the only way.
Alone.

I am a bigger person.
A better person than I was before.
Alone

Documentation.
I roll on eggshells.
Please
Thank you.
I wait for my turn.

I don't want to screw up.
Everyone knows if I do.
News travels faster than in a game of Telephone.
Nothing is private.

The staff knows more about me than I do.
"Joanne had fruit for lunch.."
: Joanne cried."
Alone.

Conversations.
Words people have said.
Go round and round in my head.
Staying with me for days
Powerful.
Alone.

Misconstrued words.
Garbled word.
Alone.

I am trying.
God knows I am..
The staff is too.
We are on the same team.
Alone.

The things that bring me joy are...
Visitors.
NHC.
Writing
Social media
Netflix

Adversity makes me stronger.
I will survive.
I have the love of my family.
My friends.

When sadness and loneliness engulfed me.
I think of them.
I think of all the gifts that they have given.me.
Time, friendship, love, support.
Things money can't buy.

I know.

I'm not alone.
















.









No comments:

Post a Comment