Sunday, November 4, 2018

THE BEST GIFT

The day after Halloween someone asked me what I  wanted for Christmas. it is difficult to think about Christmas when Thanksgiving is still almost a month away. I said e-books and a CD. That's not what I really.want.

They keep telling me here I have to let my pride go. It's okay to let other people pay for things for me. There is no shame in being on food stamps. I was not raised to accept charity, but that's what I have to do now in order to do the things that I enjoy. I had a friend whose attitude was if someone wants to pay for something for you, let them do it. Medicaid has forced me to adopt that attitude. It is a difficult concept for me to grasp. I was told my financial situation would improve when I moved into a group home. That's not the case. It is worse.

I will never be able to repay my family for all that they have done for me. All the financial help and time they have spent assisting me. All I can do is thank them. Tell them I love them. I appreciate everything they have done for me more than I can say. 

Last week the best week. My friends Jenny and Susan took me to see A Star is Born. it's a love story and a concert.  Two of my favorite things. Lady Gaga is sure to win an AcademyAward. I hope the movie is awarded the honor of best picture. Bradley Cooper Rules!! 

I went to the Halloween Party at NHC. The DJ and karaoke were fun. Sondra, I loved your witches hat. Thanks for letting me wear it. Friday, I was back at NHC for happy hour. I enjoy being with my friends.  I will be at more happy hours as well as the Thanksgiving celebration. I am glad they still want me to participate in their activities.

It has been suggested to me that I join groups, make new friends. I thought that I would want to. I don't. I am blessed with family and friends who care. Why would I want new friends? I already have the best. I thought I would want to do a lot. The realities of living here have set in. All I feel is tired.

The only thing I really want is to spend time with my family and family this holiday season. Family and friends are truly a gift. I  hope all of you receive the gift of time spent with friends and family this holiday season.



No comments:

Post a Comment