Friday, November 16, 2018

YOU WILL BE MISSED

I did not know Lorie, a social worker, at NHC, well,  but I feel like we are friends.

Lorie has not been at NHC for very long, but I know she made a lasting impression. She was kind and caring, always willing to help. I know this is true. Even though she was not my social worker when I was was a resident at NHC, if I needed assistance she would always tell me to let her know if there was anything she could do to help.

Lorie was a server in the dining room on Mondays. She always made sure I got my salad and fruit bowl. Everyone at NHC knows how important a salad and fruit are to me. Lorie made sure every resident was served what they asked for. If they could not get what they ordered. she apologized.

I learned Lorie was a Cher fan when she told me she had been reading my blog. She loved my posts about Cher. She cried at Cher's STL Dressed  To Kill Tour. So Did I.. We bonded. Her Karaoke rendition of Cher's 70's classic Dark Lady was awesome. However, it's her rendition of The Weather Girls hit Its Raining Men that will never be forgotten. It was epic.

Today is Lorie's last day at NHC.

Best wishes, Lorie as you begin the next chapter in your life. I will miss you.

Lorie replaced Nancy. She had big shoes to fill and she did,


.


No comments:

Post a Comment