Tuesday, November 13, 2018

BE...

This  Thanksgiving  I will put my struggles and worries aside. I will be...

Humbled by those around me. Their needs are greater than mine.

Appreciate the care that I receive.

Positive that my day will be filled with good food and people. that care. Thank you for giving up part of your Thanksgiving to assist me and my roommates.


Prayerful remembering the people who have lost their loved ones and possessions due to violence and natural disasters. I will pray for peace.


Thankful that I am safe. I have a roof over my head. I have food to eat.

Honored to share in the 2018 Thanksgiving Day feast.

Agreeable and allow whatever happens to happen.

Nervous about spending my first Thanksgiving in the group home. 

Kind It is such a simple thing. Why is it so difficult sometimes? Our world needs kindness now more than ever before.

Sentimental remembering our turkey cooking in my grandma's Nesco Cooker, my mom's carrot casserole, my dad being the only one in the family who liked mincemeat pie,, the turkey being carved with my grandpa's electric knife, and the pilgrim salt and pepper shakers on the table. Remembering Thanksgiving we had a turducken.

Grateful for my friends and family All of you continue to be a source of strength for me. Standing by me on my life journey.  I am blessed to have all of you in my life.

Introspective by examining and getting lost in my thoughts. Being introspective is a good quality to have when you are a writer. It helps in the creation of story plots and characters.

Visual I will be watching. and waiting as the meal is prepared.

Informed when I ask my roommates about the Thanksgiving traditions that are important to them. 

Nutritious and eat healthily. You're not buying that, are you?  

Grateful that the nursing home has not turned its back on me. I love happy hour. I look forward to celebrating an early Thanksgiving with everyone.

What will you BE this Thanksgiving?


No comments:

Post a Comment