Wednesday, November 18, 2020

GIVE A LITTLE PIECE OF YOUR HEART

When I was six I gave my nursery school my Patti Playpal doll.  If you were lucky enough to have been given a Patti Playpal doll it was a big deal. 

The doll was as tall as a four-year-old.  Mine was dressed in a blue party dress. She wore ankle socks and black patent leather shoes. Her hair in pigtails.  My mom begged me not to give her away. I did it anyway.

When my mom asked me why. I wanted to give my doll to nursery school I don't remember what my answer was. It was probably as simple as cuz iI wanted to. 

In my teens, when a friend and her little girl came to visit, I gave her my handmade Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. I could see how much she loved them.

I've given my nieces a lot of my things just because I could see how much they liked them. Seeing the joy on their faces was the best gift I could have received.

All of us have too much stuff. People say regifting is tacky. I disagree. If you give someone something of yours that has given you joy, made you happy that is like giving them a little piece of your heart. A little piece of yourself.

Our holidays will be different this year. 2020 might be the perfect year to give someone a gift that has special meaning you. You may give a material thing away, but you are not giving away your memories

I love shopping. I am not saying don't shop for gifts. I am saying that this year, when we may not be able to be with friends and family, think about giving them a special memory. Consider giving them a little piece of your heart.

May you have peace. May you have joy. May you have love this holiday season.




No comments:

Post a Comment